WACA – October 29, 2012
We the Australian people are writing to you today because we are deeply concerned about your Administration’s continued pursuit of fellow Australian citizen and editor in chief of Wikileaks, Mr Julian Assange.
We, as people committed to the protection of human rights and the application of the rule of law, are also deeply concerned about your continued detainment and torture (as confirmed by the United Nations) of alleged whistleblower Private Bradley Manning.
We are also deeply concerned for ourselves and other Wikileaks supporters around the world that may now potentially be categorized as ‘Enemies of the United States of America’
In fact we the Australian people concur with the famed America whistleblower and anti-war activist, Daniel Ellsberg who recently noted that you President Obama appear to be (and we quote)
“A tool of Wall Street, a man who’s decriminalized torture and is still complicit in it, a drone assassin, someone who’s launched an unconstitutional war, supports kidnapping and indefinite detention without trial, and has prosecuted more whistleblowers… than all previous presidents put together.”
We stress to you President Obama, that we the Australian people are deeply concerned about the creeping tyranny with which your country appears to be infected and with the potential malignant spread of this backdoor fascism into our own democracy, as we increasingly become a client state for your military and corporate exploitation of our region.
We therefore request that you and your Administration:
1. Cease and desist in the pursuit of Julian Assange, Wikileaks, their staff and their supporters.
2. That you close the secret Wikileaks Grand Jury and publicly declare you will not seek to extradite Julian Assange to the USA.
3. That you immediately release Bradley Manning and protect him as the alleged whistleblower, rather than torture him.
4. That you end your WAR OF TERROR and cease the DRONE bombings of all countries immediately.
5. That you cease carrying out extrajudicial killings – America is not above international laws and conventions – there should be no more exceptionalism
6. That you stop torturing people and close Guantanamo Bay as you promised.
7. That you withdraw the unconstitutional #NDAA and your attack on the rights of the global citizenry under the guise of ‘national security’, ‘cyber security’ and the ‘war on terror’.
8. That you prosecute those revealed through the Wikileaks cables to have committed war crimes, human rights violations and corporate crimes.
We hope that you will consider acting upon the above requests or we can guarantee you will face resistance from the Australian people, as you attempt to bring troops into our country and utilize our relationship to cement yourself in our region.
We ask you to embrace your revolutionary history, to respect human rights, international laws and your own constitution and bill of rights – or be prepared to face global resistance.
We the people,
Wikileaks Australian Citizens Alliance (WACA)